Monday, June 20, 2011

Ed Johnetta Miller to Lead a Workshop at Norwalk Historical Society June 25, 2011 (Norwalk, CT)

The Norwalk Quilt Trail

Ed Johnetta Miller will lead “Color in Quilting” at the Norwalk Historical Society, one of the stops along the Norwalk Quilt Trail

Miller, a fiber artist, quilter, teacher, curator and lecturer has this to say about her approach: 

“Shapes, color, texture, movement, the natural world inspire me. My approach is one of improvisation, much like the idiosyncratic rifts played in the jazz music I constantly listen to. While working, I deftly move from one piece to another, placing a color here, and a color there. I arrange pieces of brightly colored fabrics with those that are textured and patterned. My designs are never predetermined; they develop as I go along.  My quilt approach often begins with a theme or concept inspired by a cultural or spiritual experience. As an artist and a woman of color, I am always cognizant of what I believe to be my role and responsibility to my cultural inheritance and community.  I try to successfully integrate a multitude of culturally-charged expressions and concerns into my work."

COLOR IN QUILTING

June 25, 2011

10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.

Admission:
$50.

Phone:
(203) 846-0525

Website:
http://www.norwalkquilttrail.org

Norwalk Historical Society

Mill Hill Historic Park, 2 East Wall St.

Norwalk, CT 06851

Quilt National '21 is Coming to Connecticut

Congratulations to Catherine Whall Smith , whose quilt "Transfusion in Two Parts" will be on tour with Quilt National '21.  Th...