As always, our CT Reps Kathy Nutley and Laura Lugo have produced a monthly newsletter full of information, updates and of course, color!
These are just summaries of what's included in the newsletter. For more details, go to our NEWSLETTER page and click on FEBRUARY 2021
WELCOME NEWS: Local Color 5!
The SAQA-CT Exhibition Team is excited to announce plans for the fifth CT Regional Show, "LOCAL COLOR: A Connecticut Welcome"
Here are the details that have been confirmed:
- The show will be juried. Entries will be open to SAQA members who reside in CT or list CT as their secondary region.
- Artwork that has been accepted into a previous SAQA-CT exhibition will NOT be eligible.
- 3D work and framed work WILL be eligible, however the artist may be required to provide storage and/or transportation for pieces that cannot be rolled or transported easily.
- Members of the Exhibition Team include: Kate Themel, Margaret Phillips, Lynne Allen and Gina Frank. Christina Blais is on board to lead workshops on finishing quilts and hanging systems for interested artists. As we identify needs and define the workload, our team is sure to expand.
- We have one venue confirmed. The Guilford Art Center will host the exhibition in February-March of 2022. We expect more venues will be added.
Stay tuned for more information about our juror, entry requirements and general timeline of events. Look for updates here in the monthly newsletter and on our SAQA-CT Facebook page. Please spread the word!
If you have questions, suggestions or would like to offer your help with the show, feel free to contact the exhibition team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to send YOUR news and updates to Kathy Nutley and Laura Lugo, so they can spread the word in the next SAQA-CT Newsletter!