Find out what’s happening in CT and meet Laurie Russman who will be sharing how you can use ProCreate and the Cricut machine to enhance your art quilts. View her work at https://neonkittyquilts.com/2020/08/13/cricut-maker-procreate-%e2%9c%a8/
SAQA CT Regional Reps, Laura Lugo and Kathy Nutley, are inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting:
Time: Nov 7, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Check your SAQA-CT email for the Zoom link and password
A frequent teacher at IQF’s Open Studios and the beloved City Quilter in NYC, Laurie appeared in Series 2000 and 2100 of Quilting Arts TV on PBS. Laurie is a regular contributor to Quilting Artsand Art Quilting Studio magazines and is a featured artist in Quilted, Volume Q of the Uppercase Encyclopedia of Inspiration. Her art quilts have been juried into International Quilt Festival in Houston, AQS QuiltWeek Paducah and the National Juried Show at Quilt Canada.
Laurie is a two-time Aurifil Artisan, devoted MistyFuse fan and frequent collaborator with Windham Fabrics. She blogs frequently about projects featuring these amazing threads, fabrics and effects made possible by the best fusible web!
She is a former board member of the Quilt Alliance and is an enthusiastic member of SAQA. Laurie lives Connecticut with her husband, angelic German Shepherd Dog, and three mischievous felines.
See you there!
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Monday, November 2, 2020
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Thursday, September 17, 2020
We are living in strange, isolating times but SAQA-CT is still here for you. Many of our events and exhibitions are digital and virtual, but there is still a lot happening in Connecticut. You can keep in touch with our members and upcoming fiber art news via email, Facebook, and the SAQA-CT Newsletter.
If you haven't caught up in a while, our previous newsletters are stored on this blog. Have any news to share? Contact your regional reps, Kathy Nutley and Laura Lugo. Please use those colorful fiber art masks and stay safe everyone
This month's ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Kate Themel
Friday, July 31, 2020
Sunday, June 28, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Here's your chance to explore Local Color 4: Rails, Roads & Rivers at the Windsor Art Center.
This exhibit has been extended until June 27, 2020.
The Windsor Art Center is currently accepting guests into the Gallery by appointment only
What does this mean?
If you’d like to see this extraordinary exhibit, simply call Willa Nemetz at (860) 841-0368
Let them know which day/time you would like to visit (please choose from the days/hours below).
Gallery visits will be scheduled in 1/2 hour increments and are limited to groups/totals of five or fewer people.
· Thursdays from 6 PM to 8 PM
· Saturdays from 10 AM to 4 PM
· Sundays from 11 AM to 4 PM
They will get back to you and confirm the time and date of your visit.
For more information, please visit the Windsor Art Center at http://www.windsorartcenter.
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Friday, May 29, 2020
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Guilford Art Center: CALL TO ARTISTS
Call for Submissions
Monday, March 2, 2020
March 7th is fast approaching! You need to know:
* The Windham Textile and History Museum opens at 10:00 am.
* Maureen Lopes and Kathy Bagioni will be collecting LC4 art work. Maureen will be delivering the art work to the Windsor Art Center the following Saturday, March 14th.
* We will be enjoying a presentation and display by Catherine Whall Smith entitled, “Documenting What You Do”.
* Catherine Whall Smith will also be collecting pieces for Gallery 53 show at the meeting. She plans to have extra Gallery 53 forms available for entry. Remember this is an all-pieces-welcome show. Check the last newsletter for entry fee.
* Rita Hannafin has been instrumental in arranging for Lois Palmer to appraise art pieces at the meeting. Lois requests that you email her directly at lpalm5647@gmail for further information and scheduling.
Saturday, February 29, 2020
Meeting in Dugan Mill next to WTHM
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
|Bails and Bugs On the Trail||Catherine||Whall||Smith|
|Sunset over the Pawcatuck River||Cathey||LaBonte|
|Homage to the Dutchman||Christina||Blais|
|Trout Brook II||Diane||Lillian||Cadrain|
|Boat Meadow Creek||Diane||Lillian||Cadrain|
|Shadows on the Roadways||Judy||Ross|
|A Morning Well Spent||Kathleen||Bagioni|
|Braided River - Denali||Kathleen||Bagioni|
|The Creative Road to Happy Town||Laura||M.||Lugo|
|Flying Over Connecticut||Margaret||A||Phillips|
|Road to Dinosaurs||Maureen||Lopes|
|Road To Brodgar||Meredith||Brooks|
|Sanctuary in the City||Rita||Daley||Hannafin|
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 10:00 to 11:45 AM.
Location: Madison Senior Center, 29 Bradley Road, Madison
Topic: Value/Tone from SAQA Seminar 2018 on Visual Design
Value "refers to relative lightness and darkness and is perceived in terms of varying levels of contrast".
Recommend viewing, in advance, the following, from the SAQA Seminar resources: Johnlovett.com/tone and Elements of Art: Value/KQED Arts on Youtube.
Please bring several small pieces of fabric (about 3" of any shape), solid or figured, that represent, to you, a range of values. We will use the pieces as part of a hands-on learning experience.
There is a fee to use the room and we ask that attendees each bring $2 to help cover the cost.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Monday, January 13, 2020
Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Deadline for online submission is February 20, 2020 (window Jan 20-Feb 20, 2020)
- Submission link: http://www.saqa.com/memberArt.php?ID=3716
- Acceptance notification is Feb 28th.
- Drop-off of accepted works is March 7th at the SAQA-CT meeting at the Windham Textile and History Museum - if you cannot be at that meeting send it there with a friend
- Troves can be mailed to Maureen Lopes, 25 Old Farms Road, Madison, CT 06443 (phone 203-245-9682 and leave a message)
- Be sure to include check for submission fee
- Send an email to LocalColorExhibit@gmail.com to notify the organizers that it your work(s) are on the way.
Friday, January 10, 2020
All meetings are open and free to friends of fabric and stitch.
Meeting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
We will be having a sharing table (clean out your studio) of freebies. Members can also bring a small table to set up their own art to sell.
As always there will be show and tell.
Bring your lunch!
The Princeton Center East
Siemon Business Park
76 Westbury Park Rd
Watertown, CT 06795
Attention all SAQA-CT artists (and those who have CT as your 2nd region). I hope you had a great weekend and Happy Halloween! I know some o...
Info about the Hospice exhibition: 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405 Exhibition Dates: Nov 7 – Jan 2, 2019 Opening Recep...
REMINDER - SAQA-CT Shoreline Local Connections is meeting on TUESDAY, Nov. 13, from 10-noon at 23 DIONIGI DR., DURHAM, CT 06422 . ...
What's New this Month? SAQA-CT REGIONAL MEETING this Saturday! Guest speaker Kathy Bagioni will talk about her quilt series "Celeb...