New Rules for SAQA Auction Donations
Auction Donors – Please use New Auction Form on SAQA’s main website: http://www.saqa.com/auction-submit.php
SAQA's Benefit Auction is our largest fundraiser. In 2010 we received 288 donations for the SAQA Benefit Auction. It was a fantastic auction and we raised $52,450. This was SAQA's biggest income source after membership dues.
With your help, we're hoping to do even better in 2011. We hope that each of you will create and donate a wonderful piece of art for the 2011 Benefit Auction, but in order to make the process go as smoothly as possible, we need to ask you to follow the guidelines below.
To facilitate entry of your information, please use the new online submission form, available through a link under SUPPORT SAQA at saqa.com.
1. Donations must be only 10 - 12 inches (25 - 30 cm) in either direction. 12 inches will be the maximum accepted so that we can use standard Priority shipping boxes to save time and money.
2. Only ONE work per artist will be accepted.
3. Works on stretchers will be accepted but they may not be any larger than 12 inches and should be no deeper than 1 inch (2.5 cm).
4. ALL artwork donated must be ready to hang. If artwork not otherwise mounted, a sleeve or other method of hanging must be attached. Artwork on stretchers should have hooks and wire attached.
5. All donations must have label with title (or "untitled") and artist's name clearly written.
6. There will be a space on the online submission to put a 25 word description of your work that should include materials/techniques to help bidders understand what the image on the website represents.
7. Images will not be posted until the work is received.
8. Please do not use peanuts, confetti, shredded paper, or padded envelopes filled with linty fuzz - all these things make a mess when opening the package and the confetti and fuzzy stuff sticks to the quilts.
9. Please mail your donation with a tracking number or pre-stamped/ addressed postcard to let you know it arrived. Auction coordinator will not email donor when work arrives.
10. International donations should be sent early enough to arrive by the deadline after clearing Customs. Be advised that it can take up to 3 weeks for boxes to clear customs.
PLEASE ship to:
12620 Towner Avenue NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
For questions about the auction and the procedures: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird Deadline: March 15th
This will make your piece eligible for inclusion in Auction advertising, Auction postcards, and display at IQF-Cincinnati, April 8 - 11, 2011.
Final Deadline: July 2nd
This is a receive-by date