Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 19th – Celeste Janey at the New England Quilt Museum (Lowell, MA)

“My Art Quilting Journey”

by Celeste Janey

Saturday, February 19th at 1:00 PM 

As an elementary school educator for 34 years, I find that in my pieces, I need to continue teaching. All my pieces teach, whether through the written word, or orally through the story in which the piece was inspired. Continuing the African-American culture of which I was born, my pieces are usually vibrant in color and life. All my pieces share a story with the observer.  --Celeste Janey

*

New England has been hit by multiple snow & ice storms over the past few months, interrupting scheduled events and forcing cancellations.  But the “SAQA: No Holds Barred” Exhibition at NEQM is now open and will continue their special events during February and March.

Check the NEQM website for more details: http://www.nequiltmuseum.org/events/special-events.html

New England Quilt Museum

18 Shattuck Street

Lowell, Massachusetts 01852

http://www.nequiltmuseum.org

WINTER WEATHER CLOSURES: The Museum will be closed due to inclement weather on any day that the Lowell public school system is closed.  Check "Lowell" on the School Closing List before heading out to the Museum.

Quilt National '21 is Coming to Connecticut

Congratulations to Catherine Whall Smith , whose quilt "Transfusion in Two Parts" will be on tour with Quilt National '21.  Th...