Sunday, March 15, 2020
The WAC opening reception for Local Color 4: Rails, Roads, and Rivers, originally scheduled for March 21, 2020, has been cancelled due to concerns about Coronavirus.
At this time we are being told that the exhibit will go on and the WAC will remain open during its normal operating times. The public is invited to visit during those times.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Guilford Art Center: CALL TO ARTISTS
FIBER FORWARD 2020: BIENNIAL EXHIBITION
Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions
Fiber works have evolved throughout history from utilitarian usage as clothing, for warmth and traditional décor, to innovative, “outside the box” and nonfunctional uses (sculptural, conceptual, installation-oriented), particularly in the realm of contemporary art and practice. This exhibition calls for works in all fiber media and techniques that reflect the best current explorations by contemporary American artists.
Exhibit Dates: June 12-July 19, 2020
Juror: Marcia Young, Publisher/Founder of Fiber Art Now, a quarterly print and digital magazine for the contemporary fiber art community, and the Fiber Art Network, which supports artists, collectors, enthusiasts, and leaders in the fiber art and textiles community.
Eligibility: This exhibition is open to works in all fiber media, including mixed media. Open to U.S. residents.
Awards: $500 in prizes to be awarded by the juror.
Entry Deadline: April 24, 2020
Monday, March 2, 2020
March 7th is fast approaching! You need to know:
* The Windham Textile and History Museum opens at 10:00 am.
* Maureen Lopes and Kathy Bagioni will be collecting LC4 art work. Maureen will be delivering the art work to the Windsor Art Center the following Saturday, March 14th.
* We will be enjoying a presentation and display by Catherine Whall Smith entitled, “Documenting What You Do”.
* Catherine Whall Smith will also be collecting pieces for Gallery 53 show at the meeting. She plans to have extra Gallery 53 forms available for entry. Remember this is an all-pieces-welcome show. Check the last newsletter for entry fee.
* Rita Hannafin has been instrumental in arranging for Lois Palmer to appraise art pieces at the meeting. Lois requests that you email her directly at lpalm5647@gmail for further information and scheduling.
We are living in strange, isolating times but SAQA-CT is still here for you. Many of our events and exhibitions are digital and virtual, but...
Info about the Hospice exhibition: 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405 Exhibition Dates: Nov 7 – Jan 2, 2019 Opening Recep...
Kathy Nutley’s Workshop: Adding Color to Your Quilts Location : United Church of Christ on the Green ...
REMINDER - SAQA-CT Shoreline Local Connections is meeting on TUESDAY, Nov. 13, from 10-noon at 23 DIONIGI DR., DURHAM, CT 06422 . ...