Sunday, October 3, 2010

CT Artist Featured on SAQA NEW YORK: October’s Artist of the Month, Karen Loprete

Check out the SAQA-New York blog to learn more about your fellow artist and Connecticut resident, Karen Loprete.  Here’s an excerpt:

“I am an artist who chooses to express my passions for the many moods of color and texture through quilt making. Making art is how I cope. My escape. My salvation.”

Known for her extensive handwork and color choices, Karen Loprete creates one of a kind artworks to hang or hang out with.

(Image: Percy at Home by Karen Loprete)

Read the entire article: SAQA NEW YORK: NY SAQA Featured Artist of the Month, Karen Loprete

Quilt National '21 is Coming to Connecticut

Congratulations to Catherine Whall Smith , whose quilt "Transfusion in Two Parts" will be on tour with Quilt National '21.  Th...