Cacophony of Fiber
Exhibition Dates: March 4 – April 31, 2010
Deadline for Entries: January 30, 2010
An international fiber invitational featuring artists using fiber in exciting and novel ways. Fiber art quilts will be joined by weavings, rug hooking, plus three-dimensional constructions and installations using fiber, wire, metal, clay and/or plastics.
Works will be reviewed and selected by the curator and her committee.
- January 30 : All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Mary McBride, 413 Albany Avenue, DeLand, FL 32724
- February 15: Applicants will be notified. It is understood that the work selected may be sold or be unavailable before the exhibition and other works may be submitted for approval by Feb. 1.
- March 1: Accepted works can be hand delivered between 10 AM and 6 PM.
- February 26: Mailed works (postage is the artist’s responsibility) must arrive on or before date.
- Mail to Mary McBride, 413 Albany Avenue, DeLand, FL 32724
APPLICATION: Each artist should submit a package of material including the following:
- Entry Form: A copy of the entry form may also be found at www.marymcbridearts.homestead.com. Please rename LASTNAME ENTRY.DOC
- Images: Up to 6 images of work on a CD. JPEG images should be 300 DPI and at least 3” wide. Images should be labeled LASTNAME_TITLE_SIZE.
- Listing: A list of these images in the same order as on the CD, stating the title, size and price of each work. Label document LASTNAME LIST.DOC
- Fee: To cover costs, a $20 application fee is required. There will be no further fees for artists selected.
All items can be contained on the same CD or emailed to email@example.com. Mail check separately.
Sales: Peabody does not handle sales. All interested parties will be referred to the curator who will handle the sales for the artists for a 10% fee or the artists can use their own sales program.
Gallery Hours: The Rose Room is open to the public on weekdays between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm and also prior to performances in the auditorium. There is no charge to view the original works of regional, national, and international artists.