Call for Entries “Roots, Mutations: Evolution” UPDATED GUIDELINES Deadline 5/1/10
Attention SAQA Artists in NY, NJ and CT
Please consider entering your work into this prestigious show. Size requirements have been reduced. Your work may be 24” wide on either side. Maximum width 36” , maximum height 48”. See below for a full list of requirements and submission process.
ROOTS, MUTATIONS: EVOLUTION
Deadline for submission is May 1, 2010
No submission fee
- UPDATED Size Requirements: Quilts must be between 24" and 36" wide and between 24" and 48" high
- Quilt must relate to the show theme: "Roots, Mutations: Evolution"
- Quilt must meet the SAQA definition of a quilt-two or three layers of fabric held together with stitching.
- Quilt must lie flat for shipping-no frames, stretchers or mounted quilts
- Quilt must have a 4" rod pocket on the back for hanging
- Quilt must be labeled with the title; and name, address, email and phone number of the artist
- Quilt must have a protective pillowcase with title and artist's name on outside for identification
- Because quilts will be traveling to multiple venues and will be packed and unpacked many times, embellishments should be firmly attached. Delicate or fragile surfaces and items are not recommended.
- SAQA members in good standing from NY, NJ and CT may each enter up to three pieces.
- Deadline for submissions will be May 1, 2010
- Entry is by digital image only. Images must be 72 dpi and approx. 9" on any one side.
- Images must be clear and show the edges of the quilt; send one overall shot and one close-up of each quilt
- Please label each entry in this manner: Artist last name__title of quilt__size in inches
- Each entered quilt must have an accompanying artist statement which explains the relationship to the show theme and must include the title, completion date, dimensions and materials used.
- Send the image as an attachment and quilt title, artist's name, address, email and artist statement in the body of an email to: Email Leni Wiener
- Chosen quilts must be available to travel from July 2010 until June 2011
- Artists whose work is chosen must pay a nominal fee for insurance (unless they carry it privately)
- Accepted works must arrive by July 15, 2010. Do NOT mail quilts until instructed to do so.
- Artist must supply pre-paid shipping label for return of quilt
Presently, the show is scheduled to be presented at the following venues (this schedule may change, and/or other venues may be added):
- World Quilt, August 2010
- PNQE, September 2010
- PIQF, October 2010
- World Quilt Florida, November 2010
- Mid-Atlantic, February 2011
- New Jersey, March 2011
- Denver, May 2011
Please direct any questions to Leni Levenson Wiener:
click here to Email Leni Wiener
SAQA NY co-reps;