Connecticut is represented well in this year’s “Quilts=Art=Quilts” exhibition at Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center!
Shown here, a detail of Margaret Phillip’s Pink Desert with Road Runners:
Quilts=Art=Quilts is the Schweinfurth Art Center's 31st annual juried quilt exhibition. The Art Center has long recognized the importance of quilts as a visual medium, and has been presenting quilts in an art gallery setting since 1981. This year’s jurors were Terry Jarrard-Dimond, Elin Noble and Cynthia Schira.
The Q=A=Q Exhibition will run from October 30, 2011 – January 8, 2012
Preview Reception & Awards Presentation Saturday, Oct. 29 from 5 – 7 PM.
Other scheduled events include:
- Quilters Brunch & Lecture by Elin Noble on Sunday, Oct. 30 from 10 AM – 12 PM
- Walk-About Tour Sunday, Oct. 30 at 2PM
- Director’s Tour Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 2PM
- Trunk Shows/Talks by Regional Quilters – check Schweinfurth’s website for dates and artists
- Mini Raffle and Fiber Arts Workshops
Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center
205 Genesee Street
Auburn, NY 13021
Congratulations to all the participating artists!