Windsor Art Center Presents: Identity
A revealing look at our sense of identity. Artists share their personal experiences regarding inclusion or exclusion, joining or separating from a particular group and how that has influenced their sense of personal identity (examples include but are not limited to culture, race, religion, gender, occupation or family tradition).
Windsor Art Center
40 Mechanic Street
Windsor, CT 06095
Exhibition Dates: January 22 - March 5, 2011
Eligibility and Guidelines:
· Artists must be current members of Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) and reside in Connecticut, Massachusetts or Rhode Island
· Entry is by digital image only
· One entry per artist – if your work is a triptych or must be submitted as more than one piece, please explain the reasoning in your artist statement.
Entries must be a Minimum of 20” per side and no longer than 90”.
· Wall hangings and Sculptural work are eligible (NOTE: free-standing sculptural work does not need to meet the 20” minimum)
· Wall hangings must include a 4” wide sleeve on the back
· Artwork may be published in a catalog of the exhibition if sponsorship is found.
· Artwork may be for sale. WAC will collect a 20% commission on work sold during the Exhibition.
· Due to lack of storage space at WAC, artwork must be delivered to the Art Center at the time of Exhibition set-up. (January 15th between 12 – 3 PM)
· Artists who wish to ship their work to Connecticut will need to designate a volunteer to hold the work and deliver it to WAC. Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance to CT as well as the cost of return shipping and insurance.
May 15, 2010 Call for entries
June 1, 2010 Entry/Registration Opens
October 1, 2010 DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES *Entries will be submitted by digital image via email
November 1, 2010 Notification of acceptance (All notifications will be forwarded via email)
January 15th between 12 – 3 PM Selected Artwork will be accepted at Windsor Art Center - WORK MUST BE DELIVERED IN PERSON
January 22 – March 5, 2011 Exhibition Dates
For Prospectus and Entry Form, contact Kate Themel